Information sharing and privacy
DeepMeta qualifies as a "Rich Internet Application", which means that it is designed to work offline and be installed on the users client computer, but relies on internet communication for its functioning.
The servers contacted by DeepMeta are fully described below:
- The Getty Images API servers, used for exchanging portfolio data, uploading files to iStock / Getty Images and for editing metadata used by iStock / Getty Images. All communication involving a Username/password is done through secure HTTPS communications, using secure SSL/TLS encryption. In order to be able to communicate with the Getty Images API servers on behalf of the user, DeepMeta needs to collect and use the Getty Images ESP / iStock username/password. These credentials are stored encrypted on the client computer (if enabled by the user in the DeepMeta Option menu). User password information is exchanged with the Getty Images server only.
- The DeepMeta API servers, used for software license validation, error reporting and dispatch of warning messages to the user, in case of known service disruptions at the level of the iStock / Getty Images website or Getty Images API servers. The DeepMeta server API also assists in creating enhanced functionality for the DeepMeta software, such as keyword suggestions, which require a central database functionality across the user base. The iStock / Getty Images password information is never communicated with the DeepMeta servers, or any other party except iStock / Getty Images itself.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close you browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file.
When registration/login will be implemented, we will set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don't have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system and date/time stamps.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
iStock / Getty Images
Links to other sites
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by EAZIGN BVBA. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
In the event that EAZIGN BVBA goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
European Data Protection Rights (GDPR)
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data.
- If any processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of your personal data in a usable and portable format.
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing.
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under well-defined circumstances.
To make such requests, contact us at email@example.com. When we are processing data on behalf of another party, you should direct your request to that party.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us directly with any questions or concerns.
Please be aware that those rights set out above may not apply in some instances, for example where our right to processing your personal data may be necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression (e.g., news gathering), or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Changes in this privacy statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
For the EU: Our data protection representative for the European Economic Area and Switzerland is located at EAZIGN BVBA. You can contact them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by postal mail at Attn: Privacy, Eazign BVBA, Bosstraat 370 b9, 1105 Brussels, Belgium.